About Greater Baltimore Urban League
The Greater Baltimore Urban League (GBUL) defines educational equity as providing all students, regardless of biological, behavioral or social factors, with the appropriate supports to perform well in school and obtain positive post-secondary opportunities. These supports include:
- Social and emotional resources as needed and promptly;
- Providing all students with access to rigorous and well-rounded curriculum along with the appropriate supplemental material to support learning the content;
- Providing parents/guardians with information to empower them to make decisions about their child’s academics and career trajectory in a comprehensive manner;
- Holding all stakeholders, inclusive of State Education Agencies, Local Education Agencies, Students, Parents/Guardians and other identified partners, accountable for their role in school and student outcomes.
Our Approach to Educational Equity
We continue to create programs and initiatives that address the challenges of African American and other minority students in school districts within Maryland’s public education system.
What our Students say
“Greater Baltimore Urban League are fast friendly professionals they are religious and are in good care of the Lord why would I have witnessed anything else lol beautiful people man really Awesome😊👍❤”
Our three-pronged strategy for pursuing the mission is:
- Ensuring that our children are well-educated and equipped for economic self-reliance
- Helping adults attain economic self-sufficiency through good jobs, home ownership, entrepreneurship and wealth accumulation
- Ensuring our civil rights by eradicating all barriers to equal participation in the economic and social mainstream of America